Your plans to exercise and lose weight may get placed on the back burner because of spending time with the children. But you can lose weight with a jogging stroller. Jogging strollers are those that are used to help parents to maintain a healthy lifestyle. They are also known as running strollers or jogger strollers because the stroller will allow parents to spend some time with their children and exercise at the same time.
Calories burned with jogging stroller:
A number of calories burned while jogging and walking a stroller vary according to your starting weight. For a half pound weekly weight loss resulting only from jogging while walking a stroller, you have to sustain your activity for about an hour.
The best way to lose weight is by slow jogging. This is where the jogging stroller really proves useful as it allows you to do exactly this. All you have to do is secure your baby in place and simply start walking. Then you can pick up your pace as you become more comfortable with the stroller.
Tips for running with a jogging stroller:
Here are few tips to make running with a jogging stroller easier, safe and comfortable for you and your little baby.
- It’s not safe to run with a child under six months in a jogging stroller. Using the jogging stroller with the seat belt will make the baby’s head and neck will be stable.
- Some jogging strollers have a fixed front wheel. When you are running with the stroller, it’s safest to lock the front wheel in place.
- You should not go fast with jogging stroller because if you need to stop, it will be difficult. You are responsible for using momentum in such a way that you are always in control of the stroller.
Pros and cons of jogging strollers:
Here are pros and cons of jogging strollers and must have to look for before you make a purchase.
Pros of jogging strollers:
- The biggest benefit of a jogging stroller is simply that you can run with it. But a running stroller will be designed to make jogging safe.
- If you want to walk with stroller then walk. Joggings strollers have the different capability of providing varieties to your outings.
- If you enjoy going off the road a jogging stroller will make the ride much more comfortable and safer.
Cons of jogging strollers:
- Cost can be a significant factor when considering a jogging stroller. You can also choose to get a used stroller but keep in mind that will be in the risk that of unknown prior damage to the stroller.
- Like many different types of strollers, jogging strollers are different. It can be a challenging one to take them to the mall. If you get a running stroller, try to get an umbrella stroller for other outings.
It will be difficult to walk a stroller around a curve if you have a fixed wheel. Try not to run too fast while pushing the baby.